Live Optics helps you to understand vital information about your NetWorker environment. To start, it is important to gather important data files from your backup environment. Live Optics provides you with a simple process to gather, analyze, and present your data in a clear and understandable way, so that you can make informed decisions to optimize your backup infrastructure.
This document provides instructions on how to run NetWorker Scripts.
You must meet the following prerequisites before completing a NetWorker API assessment:
- You must have admin access to NetWorker.
- For a Windows NetWorker server, PowerShell must be installed.
- You must have the latest version of the Live Optics collector.
Download and run the Live Optics Windows collector software
You can download the Live Optics collector:
- From the invite email you received from your systems consultant by clicking the Download Collector link.
- From the Live Optics portal, select Collectors from the left menu, then Download Collector.
Complete a NetWorker API Assessment
- On the Live Optics collector select Data Protection from the panel on the left side.
- Select NetWorker from the panel on the right side.
- Select API Collection.
- Enter the IP address for the NetWorker host, the admin username, and password.
- Select the Upload Option, either Automatically (recommended) or Upload Later, and click Next.
- If Upload Automatically was selected, enter the project name to be created, and click Next. If Upload Later was selected, enter the file name and directory to save the .SIOKIT file.
- Click Continue to begin collecting data. A status bar indicates the progress. The upload may take some time to complete depending on the speed of the Internet connection.
- If Upload Automatically is selected, the data is sent to the Live Optics portal. If Upload Later is selected, the .SIOKIT must be manually uploaded to the Live Optics portal. An option to create a .SIOKIT for backup is provided. This step can be skipped. Data is saved to an encrypted file, named [hostname]_NetWorker.siokit, and is written to the same folder where the collector was executed. Use this option when the host running the collector does not have Internet.
- If Upload Automatically is selected, the collector indicates when the upload is completed. Click Quit to close the collector. An confirmation email is sent from Live Optics when the project is ready for viewing in the web portal.
- If Upload Later is selected, the .SIOKIT must be manually uploaded to the Live Optics portal. See Uploading SIOKIT file in the Live Optics collector for further information.
- To view your projects results, log on to the Live Optics web portal and select your project from the recent projects displayed on the main dashboard. The NetWorker Online Viewer displays a downloadable summary which features illustrative graphs imported from Excel spreadsheet data points.