This article outlines the new Public Cloud Pricing Calculator.
The Cloud Pricing Calculator will quickly estimate compute and storage costs for the major public cloud service providers AWS, Azure and Google Cloud. It will compare pricing across all of the major public cloud providers, analyze how VMs configurations map to the instance types offered by the providers and allows users to select pricing from a list of global regions.
Users can access the Cloud Pricing Calculator from the Live Optics marketing site without having to register to Live Optics.
Using Cloud Pricing Calculator
- To access the Cloud Pricing Calculator, visit the Live Optics Marketing Site.
2. For registered users they can also access the calculator from the portal > Dashboard> Cloud Pricing Calculator
3. Once the user accesses the Calculator he/she will be able to choose the region they want to create the Estimates for from a drop down menu with a list of the 12 LO supported regions. (Note: Region can be chosen once in the whole project/assessment)
4. The User then will be able to choose the OS type, and enter the Number of VMs, vCPU per VM, Memory Per VM in GB, Storage per VM in GB as well as add either the group of VMs name or the one VM name (Optional).
- Name (Optional): Enter the VM or VMs Group name, this field is optional
- OS Type: Choose the operating system running on the VM, license prices will be based on the basic version of Linux and Windows server based on your choice.
- Number of VMs: The number of VMs per configuration. The total number of VMs supported for the full assessment is 20,000
- vCPU/VM: The number of vCPUs per VM
- Memory GB/VM: The memory size in GB per VM
- Storage GB/VM: The attached block storage size in GB per VM
5. The Add and Clear buttons are greyed out until the user enters all the needed information for the configuration of their first entry, then the buttons will change color to blue and become clickable.
6. The VM Configuration table will appear below the Specify the VM Configuration section with the entered VM configuration in a new row (each new entry will be added below the previous entry).
7. In the action column there is a delete Icon for each row, for when the user wishes to delete an already added configuration.
8. Once all configurations have been added, the user can now download an excel report with the estimated Cloud Pricing for each of the 3 support Cloud providers (AWS, Azure and Google Cloud) for each identified VM configuration.
9. The user can also view a summary of pricing comparisons from the 3 providers
- Request Support
- To request assistance with the Cloud Pricing Calculator, click on the “Request Callback” button. The support team’s goal is to respond within 24 hours of receiving the request.
- Complete the contact information and describe the type of help requested. Enter a business email (personal emails like @gmail.com, @hotmail.com, @yahoo.com etc. will not be accepted) and include the country code in the phone number.
- When the information is complete, the Send Request button will turn blue, click on it.
- If the request was successful, this confirmation will appear: