This document provides instructions on how to run a Live Optics assessment on a NetBackup Appliance.
Download the Live Optics Collector and go to the Scripts folder where the LiveOpticsNetBackup.sh resides.
1. Create temp ftp site (using https://ftpaccreq.emc.com)
2. Upload the latest “LiveOpticsNetBackup.sh” script to the FTP site a. located in <Live_Optics_install_dir>\scripts\
3. SSH to the NetBackup appliance, login as “admin”
4. Navigate to Support à Maintenance a. Note - The NetBackup appliance has a “CLISH” (cmd line shell)
5. Enter the password for ‘maintenance’
6. Run the “Intrusion Prevention System” override script to allow you to ‘elevate’ credentials, then drop down to the shell
7. Type /opt/Symantec/sdcssagent/IPS/sisipsoverride.sh
8. Enter Option “2” and select the amount of time (suggestion of 1 hour to complete this process)
9. After the policy has been overridden, SFTP to the site created in Step #1
10. Type ‘get LiveOpticsNetBackup.sh’ to download the script from the FTP site directly onto the NetBackup appliance.
Note: This will save it to the /home/maintenance/ directory on the appliance
11. Enter the following cmd to make the script executable
chmod +x LiveOpticsNetBackup.sh
12. Type ‘elevate’ to elevate credentials and drop to the shell before executing the script:
13. Type the following cmd to execute the script:
14. After the script completes, it will give you the file.
15. Upload it to the same FTP site using the following commands:
sftp <login-from-ftp email>@ftp.emc.com
16. enter the password from the email.
17. put <filename>
a. Example: quick_nbumaster01.tar.gz
b. The file naming convention for the upload is “quick_<nbumaster-fqdn>.tar.gz
18. To log off the SFTP site, enter the following command:
19. Download the .tar.gz file locally and use Live Optics collector to upload the file.
Download and run the Live Optics Windows collector software.
1. There are two methods to download the collector software:
a. From the email you received from your systems consultant inviting you to Live Optics by clicking the Download Collector link.
b. From the Live Optics portal, select Collectors from the left menu, then Download Collector. For more information on how to download a Live Optics collector, please see the knowledge base article Download the Live Optics Collector Either option will bring you to the Download Collectors page.
Start Profile Selection Process
2. Select Data Protection from the list of Category Types and select NetBackup from the list of Data Protection assets.
3. Select Script Collection (Legacy).
4. From the Live Optics Collector, go to the Data Protection Category and select the NetBackup asset type from the list.
5. Select the Unix of the NetBackup host:
6. Select the location which contains the tar.gz file created in the instructions earlier by clicking “Browse for File”
The process has been completed successfully.
7. You now have the option of saving a copy of the project files as a SIOKIT or skip.
8. Once the upload has been completed. Click Quit to close the collector.
9. An email from Live Optics will be sent when the project is ready for viewing on the web portal.
Uploading the SIOKIT (applies only if the “upload later” was selected)
10. The Live Optics collector software is used to upload the SIOKIT files using the Windows collector. See knowledge base article Uploading SIOKIT file in the Live Optics collector.