Live Optics supports the profiling of several Data Protection solutions. One of these is the Veeam data protection solution. Using the Live Optics collector, Veeam SQL backup output file can be uploaded to the Live optics portal to create a report. This document outlines the process to upload the Veeam output file previously generated: How To Create The Veeam Upload File
Before any of the following steps to create a report in Live Optics can be completed, the SQL backup output file must be generated.
- Download and launch the Live Optics Collector (Windows .NET version)
- Click Get Started
- Click “Yes, I agree” to accept the End User License Agreement (prompted only on first execution)
- Click “Yes, this is me” after verifying your identity is correct (prompted only on first execution)
- Select Data Protection from the left menu
- Select Veeam on the right
- Click Browse for the .bak file
- Click Next
- Select the Upload Option, either upload automatically (recommended) or upload later
- Click Next
- If upload automatically was selected, enter the project name to be created, click Next
- After the files are processed and optionally uploaded, click Quit to exit the application
Download and run the Live Optics Windows collector software
- There are two methods to download the collector software:
- From the email, you received from your systems consultant inviting you to Live Optics by clicking the Download Collector link.
- From the Live Optics portal, select Collectors from the left menu, then Download Collector. For more information on how to download a Live Optics collector, please see the knowledge base article Download the Live Optics Collector Either option will bring you to the Download Collectors page.
Start Profile Selection Process
- From the Live Optics Collector, go to the Data Protection category and select the Veeam asset type from the list.
- Select the .bak output file you created:
- Here you have the option of uploading your file immediately or saving it in the form of a SIOKIT for upload at another time (or delivery to your Dell representative).
- Enter your custom project name and click Next, and the project will start to upload
- You now have the option of saving a copy of the project files as a SIOKIT or skip
The process has been completed successfully
- Once the upload has been completed. Click Quit to close the collector
- An email from Live Optics will be sent when the project is ready for viewing on the web portal
Uploading the SIOKIT (applies only if the “upload later” was selected)
- The Live Optics collector software is used to upload the SIOKIT files using the Windows collector. See knowledge base article Uploading SIOKIT file in the Live Optics collector