RAPID Discovery access is currently limited to Dell Technology and Partners.
Welcome to the release notes for RAPID Discovery for Live Optics. We encourage you to follow this page to receive email notifications when this document is updated.
11/10/2021 | Version 1
RAPID Discovery is a new collection type, where the Live Optics collector scans a network range or connects to Active Directory to pull down data for potentially thousands of servers, storage arrays, virtual machines, desktops, printers, and other network devices.
Feature/Eﬀort Key Takeaways
- Scan range of IP addresses
- Users provide a range of IP addresses for the collector to scan
- Scan Active Directory
- Pull down all network devices known to Active Directory
- WMI protocol
- Connect to discovered Windows devices with WMI to grab detailed inventory and configuration
- SSH protocol
- Connect to Linux targets using SSH to grab detailed inventory and configuration information
- Output Excel Spreadsheet
- All of the discovered data is exported to an Excel Spreadsheet for user review
No issues are currently known for version 1.
No limitations are currently known for version 1.