Welcome to the release notes for RAPID Discovery for Live Optics. We encourage you to follow this page to receive email notifications when this document is updated.
2/16/2022 | minor update to Version 1
This update replaces the more limited single line text box “IP Scan” entry screen with a multi-line text box renamed “Network Scan”. The entry screen now supports: one or more IP Ranges, DNS network names, hostnames, or individual IP addresses. Multiple ranges can be provided separated by either commas or lines.
No change to following: RAPID Discovery will issue an ICMP Ping request to each address in a range; only IPv4 addresses are supported.
11/10/2021 | Version 1
RAPID Discovery is a new collection type, where the Live Optics collector scans a network range or connects to Active Directory to pull down data for potentially thousands of servers, storage arrays, virtual machines, desktops, printers, and other network devices.
Feature/Eﬀort Key Takeaways
- Scan range of IP addresses
- Users provide a range of IP addresses for the collector to scan
- Scan Active Directory
- Pull down all network devices known to Active Directory
- WMI protocol
- Connect to discovered Windows devices with WMI to grab detailed inventory and configuration
- SSH protocol
- Connect to Linux targets using SSH to grab detailed inventory and configuration information
- Output Excel Spreadsheet
- All of the discovered data is exported to an Excel Spreadsheet for user review
No issues are currently known for version 1.
No limitations are currently known for version 1.