This new feature allows users to specify project names at the beginning of the Optical Prime workflow directly in the collector application.
What is happening?
Users can now name Optical Prime projects upfront in the collector. Additionally, this allows the user to specify the filename of the SIOKIT upfront based on this project name.
User-feedback sessions have revealed that this has several key advantages for users who run multiple Optical Prime collections in succession:
- The SIOKIT files are properly named after the projects making it easy to organize them if the plan is to use the browser to upload the SIOKITs
- If project aggregation of the collector runs was based on project name, it would be easier to group live stream projects
Feature/Effort Key Takeaways:
• Specify Optical Prime SIOKIT filenames up front
• Simplify process when performing many collections both local and remote
• Use project name to control merging of live streams (Collector Runs)
into single projects
• Gives the user control over which streams are merged into which projects
Why is this happening?
This feature allows the user to customize their projects and name them at the beginning of the Optical Prime workflow directly in the collector application.
When is this happening?
We are releasing OP Project Naming on July 13th, 2021.
Action Items/ Call to Actions
We would like our users to try our OP collections and give us their feedback.