Welcome to the release notes for Hitachi enhancements for Live Optics. To avail of the most recent releases, please ensure that you download the latest version of the Live Optics collector to get the latest updates and enhancements. We encourage you to follow this page to receive email notifications when this document is updated.
- Both XLSX and PPT reports are available
- Collector provides the choice of config only or config and performance
- Performance data is historical data on the array
- Data is extracted from native Hitachi tools
- Instructions to collect the files are on the Live Optics support site
- Required files are AllConf.csv, LDEVEachOfCU_dat and Port_dat
- Supported arrays are the VSP series of storage
- VSP, VSP G 200/400/600/800/1000/1500
- New series 350, 370, 700 and 900
NOTE: we do not have samples for all these versions, there may be variations in the format of the AllConf.csv file. We will address any differences when we encounter issues.
- NOT Supported are the older USP, USP-V, USP VM, AMS, HUS storage which is EOSL
The following known limitations should be considered when using Live Optics to assess a HITACHI storage array.
- At initial release there are no known issues
- There may be variations in the versions of the AllConf.csv file that we have not encountered.
The current known limitations of Hitachi are;
- Browser must be refreshed to see the project updates. Once the project is uploaded to the Web Portal, and the user must refresh the page in order to see the updated project status.
- Internet connection is required
- The Live Optics Collector services must be allowed through the user firewall to run a successful collection.