Live Optics supports the profiling of competitive hardware storage arrays, including HPE 3PAR. Using the Live Optics collector, configuration and performance data is captured, analyzed and compiled into a Project. Currently the output can be viewed from the XLSX and PPT.
This document outlines the process to produce a HPE 3PAR array storage profile.
Download and run the Live Optics Windows collector software
- There are two methods to download the collector software:
- From the email you received from your systems consultant inviting you to Live Optics by clicking the Download Collector link.
- From the Live Optics portal, select Collectors from the left menu, then Download Collector. For more information on how to download a Live Optics collector, please see knowledge base article Download the Live Optics Collector Either option will bring you to the Download Collectors page.
NOTE: the collector can run on any host with IP connectivity to the storage array being profiled
Start Profile Selection Process
- Select Storage from the list of Profile Category and Select 3PAR from the list of storage array assets.
Identify the Array to Gather the Data
- Enter the array IP address, username, and password. The username should be the admin or admin equivalent account
- There is a choice to Collect Config & Performance or Collect Config Data only
- For Collect Config & Performance select the Performance Duration from the drop down box. The duration is the time period the collector will run to collect the real time performance data. Once entered, click Next
Start the Configuration Collection
- The collector will connect to the array and capture the data here
Select the Method to Upload to the Live Optics Portal for Processing
- Selecting the default, “Upload my collection data to the Live Optics web portal automatically” this is the recommended method. Once the collection is complete, the data is automatically upload to the Live Optics portal. Use this option when the host running the collector has Internet access
- There is an option to upload later. This will save the configuration and performance data to an encrypted file, named [hostname]_3PAR.siokit. The file is written to the same folder the collector was executed. Use this option when the host running the collector does not have Internet. Instructions for uploading the SIOKIT can be found at the end of these instructions
- Once selected, click Next.
- Enter the name of the project that will be created in the Live Optics portal
- Click Next
Upload the data to the Live Optics portal
- Once the collection has are processed and automatically uploaded to the web portal
- During the upload, a status bar indicates the progress. The upload may take some time to complete depending on the speed of the Internet connection
- The collector will indicate when the upload has completed
Create a backup file of the data
- A choice will be provided to back up the project via a .SIOKIT. There is a choice to skip this option or create the backup file.
- Identify the file name and save location of this file
Process has completed successfully
- Once the upload has completed. Click Quit to close the collector
- An email from Live Optics will be sent when the project is ready for viewing on the web portal
Uploading the SIOKIT (applies only if the “upload later” was selected)
- The Live Optics collector software is used to upload the SIOKIT files using the Windows collector. See knowledge base article Uploading SIOKIT file in the Live Optics collector
View Project Results
- Log in to the Live Optics web portal https://www.liveoptics.com
- Recent projects are listed on the dashboard
- Select the project
- Click on the project page to view the output options. From here download the Config and/or Performance Excel file (XLXS), share the project with other Live Optics users or delete the project