Live Optics provides understanding of vital information about your Commvault environment by following a simple process to upload your Commvault backup file. Data is presented in a clear and understandable way, so that you can make informed decisions about your backup infrastructure.
This document provides instructions on how to generate the CommVault upload file.
The following list is are required to follow the instructions below.
• You are an End User with Administrative access to Commvault
• You have downloaded the latest version of the Live Optics Collector
Watch a video tutorial on how to download the Live Optics Collector to use for uploading the CommVault file
Please follow this procedure to generate the file that will be needed for upload to Live Optics (called commserv_FULL.dmp): http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v10/article?p=features/disaster_recovery/t_run_dr_backup.htm
Note: There is no need to further .zip or compress the file. The Live Optics collector will do that for you at upload time
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click the CommServe node and click All Tasks | Disaster Recovery Backup.
- In the General tab of the Disaster Recovery Backup Options dialog box select the one of the following backup type:
- Full - Backup of an entire metadata.
- Differential - Backs up only that data in the metadata that has changed since the last full backup. This backup smaller in size and takes less time to complete. However, you can use this backup to restore the metadata only if the last full backup is accessible.
NOTE: By default a Full backup type is selected. We recommend you do not use Differential backup type unless there is a disk space or network bandwidth limitation.
- Select the following options if sufficient space is not available on the CommServe host:
- Select the Shrink Db check box to minimize the space usage on the database and database log file prior to the backup operation.
- Select the Enable database(s) backup compression check box to compress the database backup file (*.dmp).
- Click the Client Selection tab to back up the log files from clients in the CommCell.
- Select the Client(s) from the available list of Clients and click OK.
For assistance, speak to Live Optics Support by Creating A Ticket. You must be logged in to send a ticket to Support.