Everything you need to know about NetWorker! This page provides help with the most commonly asked questions about NetWorker. You can also search all of Live Optics help or create a ticket to open a support ticket.
What is the output that I should expect?
- All users who run DPS profiles should expect a ppt containing basic facts for sizing and design. Dell Users will have additional access to xlsx file providing raw information from the Live Optics project database.
How are the Live Optics Profiles Calibrated for Accuracy?
- The Live Optics team works directly with the Business Unit (DPS) leadership to define goals and objectives for LO-DPS Profiles. Technical requirements, such as calculations and calibration testing is conducted with Subject Matter Experts, selected by BU leadership. Product Management and Engineering resources are also engaged for their expertise so that, where applicable, Live Optics incorporates the same logic in its calculations as Product Engineers expect. Where there are no defined standards, SMEs are leveraged for their knowledge and calibration.
Are there directions on how to use the Live Optics collector, web portal and scripts?
- Yes. You will find them by searching in our knowledge base. For assistance, speak to Live Optics Support by Creating A Ticket. You must be logged in to send a ticket to Support.
I clicked on the Live Optics collector exe. Why don’t I see NetWorker?
- You may have an older collector. Please download a new collector from your portal.
Where do I get scripts for my customers?
- In the collector download package, find the “Scripts” directory. You will see a NetWorker Powershell and shell script within the directory.
What is an SIOKIT file?
- The Secure IOKIT packages all of the pre-processed data into an encrypted file for uploading at a later point in time; typically when there is internet access. Users create SIOKIT files when they have no internet access on their machine, want to encrypt one or more files for processing data later, or to provide an encrypted backup of a streaming project collection. See knowledge base article What is an SIOKIT File? for more information.
Do I need an SIOKIT?
- No. But it may benefit you or your customers for the reasons mentioned above.
What happens if I skip the SIOKIT creation?
- Nothing detrimental to the project you’re creating. No SIOKIT file will be created.
What files must I have to process data for NetWorker?
- NetWorker has a set of .out files that can be uploaded for processing. Nwquick_mminfojobs.out and nsradmin.out are mandatory for processing NetWorker profiles in Live Optics.
What is meant by Capacity or FE Capacity?
- Capacity refers to Front End capacity or Front End TB represented in MB/GB/TB.
How is FE Capacity Calculated?
- FE Capacity is calculated as GB by looking at the maximum capacity of each unique host over a full backup cycle. This capacity value is aggregated by policy/ save set/ image/ etc. For NetWorker, the capacity value follows the algorithm used by nsrcapinfo.
How is the Growth Rate Calculated?
- Growth rate is calculated by the difference between the most recent Backup and the first backup. NetWorker is over 60 days.
Why does the sum of clients differ at the top of the PowerPoint versus adding up all the clients for each policy group?
- As you are aware hosts may have multiple policies. Therefore, the sum of unique clients may differ from the sum of policy groups or save sets.
How is the Daily Change Rate (DCR) Calculated?
- For NetWorker, it is the average Incremental divided by the average Full, by SaveSet.
Where can I find information about used vs. allocated capacity of vms?
- For this, we recommend running Optical Prime (Live Optics host-based profiling tool). Please see support.liveoptics.com for more information.
My project has been processing many hours; what do I do?
- Depending upon size of the raw files uploaded or the amount of projects in queue, a DPS profile may take as few as 20 minutes or many hours to complete, If you find that your project is taking more than 12 hours to process, speak to Live Optics Support by Creating A Ticket. You must be logged in to send a ticket to Support.
My project’s status is Error. What do I do?
- Please speak to Live Optics Support by Creating A Ticket. You must be logged in to send a ticket to Support.
Where can I log a Feature Enhancement request?
- You can enter a Spark at https://spark.liveoptics.com