Everything you need to know about Dossier! This page provides help with the most commonly asked questions about Dossier You can also search all of Live Optics help or Create A Ticket to speak with Live Optics Support.
What is a Dossier file?
- Dossier file packages are the pre-processed data combined into an encrypted file for uploading at a later point of time. Dossier does not support live streaming of data, so the file created at the end of collector run must be uploaded to Live Optics portal.
What type of file is generated at the end of a Dossier collector run?
- When Dossier completes its collector run, it will create a file ending with ".dossier". This file should be created in “Dossier” folder that will be created when files are extracted from the downloaded .ZIP file from Live Optics.
What operating system(s) does Dossier support?
- See knowledge base article Dossier Product Matrix.
How do I access the Dossier software on the Live Optics portal?
- You can access the Dossier Software in two ways;
- Go to https://app.liveoptics.com/tools/dossier to directly visit the Dossier collector page download in the Live Optics portal. You may be prompted to login if you are not logged in. If you have never logged into Live Optics before, go to https://app.liveoptics.com/register and request your account be created or contact your Dell Sales Team and request they register you to the Live Optics portal.
- Log into www.liveoptics.com and follow the following steps from your Dashboard:
- Expand left-side menu.
- Click on Collectors.
- Choose Dossier.
What is the output that I should expect?
- All users who use Dossier collector run should expect a zipped folder including:
- PowerPoint report containing either an Executive View or Full Report, depending on the option selected during file upload.
- Excel report containing the raw data.
Are there instructions on running the Dossier software?
- To access Dossier User Guide on Live Optics Support website, search for the following knowledge base articles;
Can the Live Optics portal combine multiple Dossier files into a single report?
- At this time, Live Optics portal will not combine multiple Dossier files into a single, aggregated report. This feature is on the list of updates for Live Optics to provide additional benefits to Dossier program. Requested Updates for Dossier or other asset types in Live Optics are all prioritized and scheduled according to our Storage Engineering Leadership Advisory Group.
What can I do if my Dossier report does not generate when I upload the file?
- After you upload your Dossier file to the Live Optics Portal, it may take a few minutes to generate your report. If you find that your project is generating an error message or never completes processing, please open a Support ticket.
Where can I log a Feature Enhancement request?
- You can enter a Spark at https://spark.liveoptics.com