This document provides instruction on how to download the Live Optics Collector. For more information on Live Optics see knowledge base article What is Live Optics?
Download Live Optics Collector Software
To begin using your Live Optics account, you should first download the collector software by following these steps (if you are new then sign up for a free account at https://liveoptics.com/)
- Login to your Live Optics portal account https://www.liveoptics.com If you have never logged into Live Optics before, go to https://app.liveoptics.com/register and request your account be created or contact your Dell Sales Team and request they register you to the Live Optics portal.
- Click Collectors -> Download Collectors buttons on the dashboard.
- Choose the correct version of the LiveOptics software based upon OS (most users will download Windows, but Linux version is also available) and click the Download button for it.
- Once the file download has completed, extract the Live Optics software, user guide, and additional documents to a directory on the computer where you wish to run it.
Run Live Optics Collector Software
- Open LiveOptics directory and double-click LiveOptics.exe.
- Click "Get Started" after selecting your language. (Default is English)
- Click the "Yes, I agree" button to accept the EULA.
- Confirm your name/company is listed on the Live Optics User Identity screen and click the “Yes, it is correct” button.
Select the Collector
Choose from the following categories;
- Server & Cloud: Live inventory and performance insight of hosts and VMs regardless of platform or vendor.
- Data Protection: Insight to platform specific backup and protection cycles as well as the capacity being protected.
- Storage: Detailed break down at the hardware appliance level of configuration and performance.
- File: Rapid characterization of storage growth, files types, and predictive potential for archive, compression, or deduplication.
- Workloads: Insights to machine and installation details, supported SQL-specific features, a list of databases, database size, etc. This type of understanding is beneficial to understand what databases are within which Instance and on what host the SQL Database is installed on; this is perfect for inventory taking.
Download and run the Live Optics Windows collector software
- There are two methods to download the collector software.
- From the email you received from your systems consultant inviting you to Live Optics by clicking the Download Collector link.
- From the Live Optics portal, select Collectors from the left menu, then Download Collector.
Either option will bring you to the Download Collectors page. To perform storage array profiles, download the Windows collector. Note, the Windows collector requires .NET 4.5 or greater to be installed on the host running the collector.
- Click the Download button to start the download. A file named LiveOptics.zip will be downloaded.
- Once the file download completes, extract the contents of the zip file on the host where you wish to run the software. The Live Optics collector does not install like a typical Windows application. Extracting the zip file is all that is needed to run the collector. Note, the collector can be run on any host with IP connectivity to the storage arrays you wish to profile.
- Open the directory where you extracted the files from the zip download and double-click LiveOptics.exe.
- Click the “Yes, I agree” button to accept the End User License Agreement
- Confirm your name/company is correct and click “Yes, this is me”. If you were invited to run Live Optics, your systems consultant information will also be listed.
NOTE: To download the Personal Edition Live Optics collector, please see knowledge base article Live Optics Personal Edition Collector
Still can’t find what you need?
Speak to Live Optics Support by Creating A Ticket. You must be logged in to send a ticket to Support.