Live Optics supports the profiling of many Data Protection solutions, including Avamar. The process is simple: create, and compress, a copy of the Avamar database file and upload using the Live Optics collector. The portal will then process the database file, extract relevant data and then generate a PowerPoint and Excel report. This document outlines the process to produce these reports.
This document outlines the instructions on how to upload Avamar Database Files.
Before any of the following steps, to create an Avamar project in Live Optics, the SQL file from Avamar must be collected and saved to the machine where the Live Optics software is running. If you need to generate this file in Avamar, please see the knowledge base article Collection instructions for SQL.GZ files for Avamar profile.
- Download and launch Live Optics Collector (Windows .NET version)
- Click Get Started
- Click “Yes, I agree” to accept the End User License Agreement (prompted only on first execution)
- Click “Yes, this is me” after verifying your identity is correct (prompted only on first execution)
- Select Data Protection from the left menu
- Select Avamar
- Click Select Folder, browse to the folder with SQL.GZ file, click OK
- Click Next
- Select the Upload Option, either upload automatically (recommended) or upload later
- Click Next
- If upload automatically was selected, enter the project name to be created, click Next
- After the files are processed and optionally uploaded, click Quit to exit the application
Download and run the Live Optics Windows collector software
- There are two methods to download the collector software:
- From the email, you received from your systems consultant inviting you to Live Optics by clicking the Download Collector link.
- From the Live Optics portal, select Collectors from the left menu, then Download Collector. For more information on how to download a Live Optics collector, please see the knowledge base article Download the Live Optics Collector Either option will bring you to the Download Collectors page.
Start Profile Selection Process
- Select Data Protection from the Category list and select Avamar from the asset types.
- Click Browse for File and click to the folder where the SQL.GZ file is located, then select and open the file and click Next.
Select the method to upload to the Live Optics website for processing
- Selecting the default, “Upload my collection data to the Live Optics web portal automatically”, is the recommended method. This option will automatically upload the collected data to the Live Optics portal and start processing (requires internet access).
- Once selected, click Next.
- The files are prepared and uploaded to the web portal. During the upload, a status bar indicates the progress. The collector will indicate when the upload has been completed.
- At this point you are provided with the opportunity to save a portable SIOKIT file, which enables upload of your project in the future, or, you may click Skip the SIOKIT file creation and go to the final screen
The process has been completed successfully
- Once the upload has been completed. Click Quit to close the collector.
- An email from Live Optics will be sent when the project is ready for viewing on the web portal.
Uploading the SIOKIT (applies only if the “upload later” was selected)
- The Live Optics collector software is used to upload the SIOKIT files using the Windows collector. See knowledge base article Uploading SIOKIT file in the Live Optics collector
View Project Results
- Log in to the Live Optics web portal https://www.liveoptics.com
- Recent projects are listed on the dashboard