Welcome to the release notes for PowerProtect DM enhancements for Live Optics. To avail of the most recent releases, please ensure that you download the latest version of the Live Optics collector to get the latest updates and enhancements. We encourage you to follow this page to receive email notifications when this document is updated.
Automated PowerProtect DM (PPDM) Assessment. This feature provides the option of an automated method for retrieving information from a specified PPDM install via the product’s Rest API. By specifying an IPv4 address the user can automatically retrieve a plethora of information about the PPDM and the assets and products it manages. This information is automatically uploaded to Live Optics, parsed and an Excel report is generated.
The current known issues for PPDM are;
- The user requires the IP (v4) address for the PPDM install, along with administrative level credentials to successfully perform this collection.
- Capacity (Size) of VM’s in the Virtual Machines sheet, in the downloaded Excel, are the VM’s full (thick) provisioned size. For more about Thick/Thin provisioning, please review the following tutorial
The current known limitations of PPDM are;
- Browser must be refreshed to see the project updates. Once the project is uploaded to the Web Portal, and the user must refresh the page in order to see the updated project status.
- Internet connection is required
- The Live Optics Collector services must be allowed through the user firewall to run a successful collection.