The Live optics portal allows Optical Prime projects the ability to provide reporting of applications that are installed on servers (physical, virtual, or hypervisor). This article details the steps required below.
- The Optical Prime project has already been created from one or more collector runs.
- Access to a Live optics account should already be complete before beginning the following steps. If you have never logged into Live Optics before, go to https://app.liveoptics.com/register and request your account be created or contact your Dell Sales Team and request they register you to the Live Optics portal.
Step 1: Access Performance View of project
- Locate the Optical Prime project and click on the name to view.
- Once the project opens, click on the Performance tab.
Step 2: Select server in device list
- The Installed Applications list is only for an individual device in an Optical Prime project and cannot be viewed from when looking at the aggregate information.
- Select a server from the device list.
Step 3: Select Installed Applications button
- To view the list of installed applications on a server, click "Installed Applications".
- To view the applications installed on different servers within an Optical Prime project, select a new server from the Device List and a new list of applications will be generated.
- Installed Applications are collected from Windows and Linux targets.
- For vCenter, the ESX server licenses are shown in the Installed Applications area (however, no 3rdparty plugin software will be listed there).
- Optical Prime recognizes and reports application inventory when communicating directly with the physical or guest OS. Application inventory will not be reported on servers whose data is gathered from a hypervisor manager, like vCenter.