This article describes how to download the Live Optics Corporate Edition collector using WGET and Curl from a Linux OS terminal session. This collector version requires registration with a corporate email address for access to all Live Optics configuration and performance data collection options.
The Live Optics Corporate Edition collector is referred to as “the Live Optics collector” and “the collector”. This is not to be confused with the Live Optics Personal Edition collector, which does not require registration, and offers a limited selected of data collection options. For more information see Download the Live Optics Personal Edition collector.
- Navigate to https://www.liveoptics.com. The software download screen displays.
- Select Corporate Edition to access the full range of Live Optics data collection options.
NOTE: For Personal Edition, registration is not required, but data collection is limited to Optical Prime and Rapid Discovery Inventory Mode collections only.
- On the Choose Your Profile page, enter your details to register. You will receive an email within 24 hours to complete the registration of your account by creating your account password. The link expires after 30 days if registration is not completed. The email contains a link to the Live Optics dashboard to download the Live Optics collector.
- Log on to the Live Optics dashboard. From the main dashboard screen select Download Collector. You can also expand the blue menu panel on the left of the screen and select Collectors > Download Collector to access the Live Optics collector download page.
- Select the Linux collector version.
- Select Download Linux Collector to download a tar.gz file to extract using your command line.
- Open a terminal session and navigate to the location in which you downloaded the tar.gz file. Use the following commands to extract the Live Optics software:
$mv liveoptics_x86_64.tar.gz liveoptics/
$tar -xzvf liveoptics_x86_64.tar.gz
- Follow the instructions on screen to complete a Live Optics collection.
- When the collection is complete, an SIOKIT file is created. SIOKIT files must be manually uploaded to Live Optics for processing before your project can be viewed. To upload collection data, see Upload an SIOKIT file from the Live Optics collector or Upload an SIOKIT file from the Live Optics web portal.