Release Notes: Live Optics for PowerProtect DM (09/21/20)
Data Protection Solutions
PowerProtect DM Release Notes
Live Optics Portal Version: 184.108.40.206
Live Optics Collector Version: 220.127.116.11
- (NEW FUNCTIONALITY!) Automated PowerProtect DM Assessment
This new Live Optics Collector feature provides the option of an automated method for retrieving information from a specified PPDM install via the product’s Rest API. By specifying an IPv4 address the user can automatically retrieve a plethora of information about the PPDM and the assets and products it manages. This information is automatically uploaded to Live Optics, parsed and an Excel report is generated.
Users only need to have the IP (v4) address for the PPDM install, along with administrative level credentials.
Running the PowerProtect DM assessment
Download, and unzip, the Windows Live Optics Collector from the following page:
2. Run the LiveOpticsDotNet4_5.exe application from the downloaded Collector bundle:
You will be presented with the Live Optics Collector, with which you may already be familiar. Click on “Data Protection” and then “PowerProtect DM:
Click Next, and you will enter the IP (v4) address of the PowerProtect DM you’d like to assess:
Go ahead and enter the IP and then the administrator login credentials and click Next:
You should then see the following pop-up showing the Collector is attempting to connect to the PowerProtect DM:
Upon successful connection and login, the Collector will begin to download data from the PPDM:
You will now choose whether to upload the gathered data to the Live Optics portal, or to create a Live Optics SIOKIT which can be used to upload later (for example, to send to your Dell rep):
Click Next and you will be taken to the Project naming screen where you can enter a free format project name which become the name of the project in the Live Optics portal:
Click Next and your data will be preprocessed and uploaded to the Live Optics portal for processing to generate an Excel worksheet containing information about the PPDM install:
At this point you can still create an SIOKIT for later use by clicking Create File or, if you prefer, click Skip:
When the project is done processing, you will receive an email notification with a link to go directly to the project’s Live Optics Portal page, where you will be able to download the Excel spreadsheet:
The report currently generated by Live Optics for PowerProtect DM is an Excel workbook which contains useful key performance indicators and other health/performance related info.
- Capacity (Size) of VM’s in the Virtual Machines sheet, in the downloaded Excel, are the VM’s full (thick) provisioned size. For more about Thick/Thin provisioning, please review the following tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8FoEl6CeYo
- To open a support ticket with Live Optics Support, you can simply send an email with your request to email@example.com and a ticket will be automatically generated!
- Please watch this space in our support portal: https://support.liveoptics.com/hc/en-us/categories/360004318194
Requests for Enhancement
- We encourage you to contribute at https://spark.liveoptics.com!