Release Notes: Live Optics for IBM STORWIZE (Updated 08/04/20)
Welcome to the release notes for Live Optics for IBM STORWIZE. We encourage you to follow this page to receive email notifications when this document is updated.
August 20, 2019
- Initial Release
- Support for SVC, Storwize V7000 & V5000, and Flash System 9100 & V9000
- 3 was tested on v7000, some review of the data may be needed for other versions/hw to produce the reports
- XLSX and PPT report was released in August 2019
- XLSX direct output from the commands
- Collector provides the choice of config only or config and performance
- Performance data is a live collection of data from the array
- Provide the choice of 10 min, 4 hrs, 8 hrs, 12 hrs and 24 hrs of performance
- July 23, 2020
- Version v6.x and below are not supported
- July 30, 2020
- New collector framework in place that will allow for fewer connectivity issues
- Updated collector which enables the user to collect 2 or 3 days of performance data
The following known limitations should be considered when using Live Optics to assess a IBM STORWIZE storage array.
- Versions v7.3 of IBM STORWIZE is the test array used for this report. All other version of Storwize are expected to work however there may be some variations. If you encounter any issue please contact Live Optics support.
- Version v6.x of IBM STORWIZE port files (lsportip, lsportsas and lsportfc) have different formats than v7.x+ therefore this version of IBM is NOT SUPPORTED