Release Notes: Live Optics for SQL Server in Limited Preview Mode (02/07/20)
Welcome to the release notes for Live Optics for SQL Server.
- January 31, 2020
- SQL Server configuration data collection
Known Issues / Expected Behavior
The following known limitations should be considered when using Live Optics to assess an SQL Server Instance;
- The Workload SQL Server Asset is currently in Limited Preview Mode. Limited Preview is designed to collect limited configuration data from the nominated SQL Server Instance. In order to run a successful collection for SQL Server for Workloads, the specific conditions detailed in the Prerequisites to running a Workloads | SQL Server Collection in Limited Preview Mode Knowledge Base Article must be met.
- Browser must be refreshed to see the project updates
- Once the project is uploaded to the Web Portal, and the user must refresh the page in order to see the updated project status.
- Capturing data for multiple SQL Servers in one collection is not supported at this time
- Internet connection is required
- To run a collection where the user chooses to upload the project to the online web portal, the collector must have access to the internet.
- If the user attempts to run a collection and upload it to the Live Optics Web Portal without an internet connection, the user will be presented with an error prompting them to run the collection once more and save their project as an SIOKIT. to upload later when the collector has internet access.
- The Live Optics Collector services must be allowed through the user firewall to run a successful collection.