This article describes how to download the Live Optics Personal Edition collector. This collector version does not require registration with an email address for access to a limited selection of Live Optics configuration data collection options.
The Live Optics Personal Edition collector is referred to as “the Live Optics Personal Edition collector” and “the Personal Edition collector”. This is not to be confused with the Live Optics Corporate Edition collector, which does require registration, and offers all Live Optics configuration and performance data collection options. For more information see Download the Live Optics collector.
Live Optics Personal Edition supports Windows only collections and offers the following data collection options:
- Optical Prime (Inventory Mode only)
- RAPID Discovery (Inventory Mode only)
NOTE: No performance data is collected. A summary of hardware, operating environments, and virtual machines hosted by hypervisors is written locally to an Excel file.
Inventory Mode is the only collection option available for Live Optics Personal Edition for Optical Prime and RAPID Discovery. It cannot be used to collect data for storage, data protection, file, or workloads. Inventory Mode allows you to collect basic server details including physical servers, hypervisors, and VMs.
In Inventory Mode, data is not returned to Live Optics web services. Instead it is written locally to an Excel file, and does not contain performance metrics or data points.
NOTE: If performance data is required, you must register for the Live Optics Corporate Edition collector.
Live Optics Corporate Edition vs Live Optics Personal Edition
The table below provides a high-level comparison between both Live Optics collector versions.
|Live Optics Corporate Edition||Live Optics Personal Edition|
|Optical Prime - Live connection||Yes||No|
|Optical Prime - Upload via SIOKIT||Yes||No|
|Optical Prime - Inventory Mode||Yes||Yes|
|RAPID Discovery - Inventory Mode||Yes||Yes|
Download Live Optics Personal Edition
- Navigate to https://www.liveoptics.com. The software download screen displays.
- Select Personal Edition. The download begins. A "Starting to download Collector" message displays on screen.
- Choose your preferred language and click Get Started.
- The Terms and Conditions and Telemetry Software Notice page is displayed. Click Accept to continue.
- On the following screen, confirm if you want the collector to update automatically. The checkbox to participate in the customer improvement program is checked by default. Uncheck this box if you do not wish to participate. Click Next to continue.
- The Live Optics collector opens. Server & Cloud is selected by default. Only Optical Prime and RAPID Discovery Inventory Mode collections are available. For performance metrics, and all other data collections you must register for a Live Optics Corporate Edition account at https://www.liveoptics.com.