Release Notes: Live Optics for IBM Spectum Protect (TSM) (09/25/2018)
These release notes supersede all previous release notes for IBM Spectrum Protect (TSM) support in Live Optics. We encourage you to check https://support.liveoptics.com regularly for additional information and updates.
- Based on feedback from field SME’s and review of support cases, we have limited the lookback on IBM Spectrum Protect assessments to 60 days. This has helped reduce assessment time significantly, along with a reduction in the size of the generated Excel (which has often reached Excel’s row maximum).
- In addition, the Domain, Mgmt Class, Node and Policy Set tabs were determined to be superfluous and have been removed.
- The Summary tab now has more targeted information (BACKUP, ARCHIVE, RESTORE, RETRIEVE, INCR_DBBACKUP and FULL_DBBACKUP) as the removed Summary content was deemed to be superfluous by SME’s.
- Additionally, we also now capture the IBM Spectrum Protect version to facilitate research into support issues.
Related Jira Issues (for reference purposes):
- [LO-2082] As a Live Optics Team Member, I'd like to see the version of the IBM Spectrum Protect server captured in a standardized log file
- [LO-2118] TSM: Reduce Lookback Timeframe to 60 Days
- [LO-2121] TSM: Remove the following tabs from XLSX: Domain, Mgmt Class, Node, and Policy Set
- [LO-2122] TSM: Target only specific content in Summary tab
- [LO-2012] TSM: Assessment Results Too Big
- [LO-2220] TSM: Bu_CopyGroups Does not load all data due to DataType mismatch