Release Notes: Live Optics for CLARiiON/VNX (09/05/2018)
Welcome to the release notes for Live Optics for Clariion/VNX. We encourage you to follow this page to receive email notifications when this document is updated.
The following changes have been made to the VNX output. The changes improve readability and standardize the nomenclature used across the slides:
- Updates to “Capacity Summary” to improve readability
- Standardize all capacity measurements to TB. Previous versions used “TiB”
- Corrected a mislabeled field on the “Array Profile” slide
- Improved text readability on the Capacity Bar Graph
- Standardized on the terms “SSD” and “HDD” to denote flash and spinning media
- Updated the “Common Summary” slide to use standard nomenclature
- Changed “Raw Capacity” calculation to use actual disk capacity instead of the “marketing number”
This section lists the known issues in the latest version of Live Optics for Clariion/VNX
- Very large systems (drives, LUNs, clients, etc.) will fail to create the Excel file. The PPT file however is created.
The following known limitations should be considered when using Live Optics to assess a Clarriion/VNX storage array.
- Both the SP_Collect zip file and the array NAR files are required. Profiles with only one or the other are not supported.
- NAZ files are not supported. They must be converted to NAR files by your Dell EMC contact.
- Excel file downloads of collected data may not initially appear in the project. The project is considered complete when the PPT file is available. For large arrays, the Excel file may take longer to generate and as such may appear to not exist in the project. Checking the project at a later time will show the Excel file.