Release Notes: Live Optics for Unity (05/29/2018)
Welcome to the release notes for Live Optics for Unity. We encourage you to follow this page to receive email notifications when this document is updated.
March 22, 2020
- Unity online viewer System tab that contains:
- IOPS by Service composite graph (vVol IOPS, File IOPS and Block IOPS)
- Read/Write IOPs composite graph
- Read/Write Throughput Composite graph
- Read Write IO Size graph
- Latency graph (vVol, File, and Block latency)
February 24, 2020
Unity online viewer System tab that contains:
- Storage Controllers Utilization graph
- Cache Composite graph
- Front End Ports: Peak Composite graph
- Workload Concentration graph
January 30, 2020
Unity online viewer Summary tab that contains:
- Array and project information
- Cache/Fast Cache size
- Storage controllers/Shelves number
- Array Capacity information
- Number of Drives for HDD and SSD
- Frontend ports number and throughput
- Configured File, Block and VVOl performance information
November 19, 2019
Optimize performance slides that contains:
- Sample of the monthly/quarterly Optimize services report.
- Hardware/Software evaluation and tailored advice based on conditions.
- Capacity evaluation and tailored advice based on conditions.
- Performance evaluation and tailored advice based on conditions.
- Array top 3 utilized pool performance data.
- Array Alert information.
May 29, 2018
- User-defined LUN names now shown in the report.
- Significant updates to LUN identification and performance calculations.
- Summary slide updates (new raw size column, formatting updates).
- Support for any 4.2.x and 4.3.x firmware versions.
- Several formatting and display updates.
- Fix for special characters used in the project name causing an error.
- Fix for 4.1.x versions showing zeros for write data.
- Fix for occasional duplicate server entries on the Top X by X slides.
March 22, 2018
- Support for firmware version 4.2.2
February 14, 2018
- Several value rounding error fixes.
- Fix for duplicate port entries.
- Fix for port speed errors.
- Added Peak and Average reads and writes data.
- Added archive file count value.
- New message stating report is for block devices only.
January 10, 2018
- Initial Release
The following known limitations should be considered when using Live Optics to assess a Unity storage array.
- The PPT doesn’t support File or vVol performance data, however, the File and vVol performance data is supported in the online viewer.
- File system latency is not available before OS version 4.5 (on the viewer).
- vVol is not represented in the workload concentration chart.