Live Optics allows you, your Dell EMC technologists, or Dell EMC partner consultants to understand vital information about your NetBackup environment. To start, it is important to gather the pertinent data files of your backup environment. Live Optics provides you with a simple process to gather, parse and, ultimately, present your data in a clear and understandable way, so that you can make informed decisions to optimize your backup infrastructure.
The collector, and PowerShell file-gathering program, are signed and verified by the Dell Certificate Authority. The file-gathering program uses the backup application’s specific commands to generate these files.
This document provides instructions on how to run the NetBackup scripts.
The following list is required to follow the instructions below:
- You are an End User with Administrative access to NetBackup
- For a Windows NetBackup Server, PowerShell is installed
- You have downloaded the latest version of the Live Optics Collector
Watch the video tutorial on how to upload the resulting files:
To gather the .OUT files for NetBackup, run the .ps1 script on the Windows NetBackup Server following these steps:
- Launch PowerShell
- Navigate to the directory that contains the LiveOpticsNetbackupWindows.ps1 program where the Live Optics Collector was downloaded and unzipped:
- Run the script as follows:
- Allow the script to run to completion
- Use the Live Optics collector to upload the output files (generated by the script) into your account
To gather the .OUT files for NetBackup, run the LiveOpticsNetbackup.sh script on the Linux/Unix NetBackup Server following these steps:
- Launch your terminal
- Navigate to the directory that contains the LiveOpticsNetBackup.sh program where the Live Optics Collector was downloaded and unzipped:
- Modify the file permissions to execute:
chmod +x LiveOpticsNetbackup.sh
- Execute the script:
- When the script is finished running, it will create a file for upload.
- Use the Live Optics collector to upload the files for processing.