Collection instructions for SQL.GZ files for Avamar profile
Live Optics allows you, your Dell EMC technologists, or Dell EMC partner consultants to understand vital information about your Avamar environment. To start, it is important to gather the pertinent data files of your backup environment. Live Optics provides you with a simple process to gather, parse and, ultimately, present your data in a clear and understandable way, so that you can make informed decisions to optimize your backup infrastructure.
In order to follow the instructions below, the End User collecting the Avamar SQL.GZ files must have administrative access to Avamar Grid.
- Login to Avamar using SSH
- Navigate to directory where SQL.GX file will be saved
- Issue command to GZIP Avamar SQL files
- Verify the file was created successfully
- Send SQL.GZ file to Dell EMC sales rep or Dell EMC Partner for processing.
Step 1: Login to Avamar via SSH
- Using your favorite SSH client, connect to your Avamar server
Step 2: Navigate to directory where SQL.GX file will be saved
- Use the cd command to navigate to a directory where the Avamar file will be saved
Step 3: Create SQL.GZ file
- Use the following command to create the SQL.GZ file in your directory
gzip –c /usr/local/avamar/var/mc/server_data/mcs_data_dump.sql >/tmp/mcs_$HOSTNAME.sql.gz
Step 4: Verify the file was saved in your directory
- From the directory where you saved the SQL.GZ file, type "ls -la" to verify the SQL.GZ file is listed
Step 5: Send files to Dell EMC sales team or Dell EMC partner for processing
- The sales team that receives your file will generate a PPTX report for Avamar and send it back to you for review.