Release Notes: Live Optics for VMAX (1/25/2018)
Welcome to the release notes for Live Optics for VMAX. This document supersedes all previous release notes for this version of Live Optics for VMAX. We encourage you to check https://support.liveoptics.com for additional information and updates.
Feedback and support
The Live Optics support site (https://support.liveoptics.com) is the place for you to submit bugs and suggestions for future versions of Live Optics. The support side also includes
- A knowledge base
- A list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Community Forum
- Blogs and other information
You can also submit a help request using the "Submit a request" button at the bottom of the page
This section list current releases and updates.
- 1/25/2019: Product Update
- .NET collector prevents users from posting mixed BTP & TTP files for VMAX1_2
- Fixed GZip failures for large VMAX files
This section lists the known issues in the latest version of Live Optics for VMAX
- Capacity calculations are based on thin devices only. The capacity of thick devices is not calculated. For VMAX containing both thin and thick devices, the calculations for Used Capacity and Usable Capacity may not be accurate.
- Legacy EMC users on VPN or working from a corporate VDI session may experience intermitten upload issues. VPN issues can generally be resolved by temporarily disconnecting from VPN during upload.
The following known limitations should be considered when using Live Optics to assess a VMAX Storage array.
- The following versions of VMAX are supported by Live Optics:
- VMAX SE
- VMAX 10K
- VMAX 20K
- VMAX 40K
- The following versions of VMAX are not supported by Live Optics:
- All DMX arrays
- VMAX 100K
- VMAX 200K
- VMAX 250F/FX
- VMAX 400K
- VMAX 450F/FX
- VMAX 850F/FX
- VMAX 950F/FX
- The Live Optics for VMAX Assessment is a system level assessment. The tool does not provide information specific to any device in the system.
- Live Optics for VMAX does not discern between different emulations CKD (Mainframes), FBA (Open Systems), AS-400.
- BCV and SRDF R2 devices, SNAP devices, and Federated storage are not included in the storage totals.