Windows Dossier scanning has been integrated into the Live Optics collector. You can now complete scans from the Live Optics collector instead of using the standalone Windows Dossier application.
This article describes how to:
- Locate the newly integrated Dossier collector within the Live Optics collector
- Use the Dossier collector
- Upload your Dossier file to create a report
- View your Dossier report
Before you begin, you must have the Live Optics collector. See Download the Live Optics collector for further information.
- Open the Live Optics collector. Select File from the options in the left pane and select Dossier from the right pane.
- The following screen displays. Here you can add up to 20 paths to be scanned. When you have added your chosen paths click Next to continue. The three methods to add paths (Select Drives, Select Paths, and Import from File) are described below.
Select Drives - Select the drives you wish to scan from the drop-down menu.
Select Paths - type or paste a path to be scanned in the text field and click Add, or select Browse and choose the path you wish to scan. If the target path requires authentication, you are prompted to input your credentials.
Import from file - Click Import Text List to import paths to be scanned from a text file.
- The following screen displays. Compressibility and Advanced Settings are disabled by default. Select your preferred scan options and click Next.
- On the following screen, a default name for your Dossier file and save location are provided. Choose your preferred file name and save location and click Next.
- The Dossier scan begins. The status column displays which paths are in progress or completed.
- When the scan finishes a notification appears on screen with a reminder of where your scan file is saved. Click Upload Dossier File to upload your scan file to Live Optics. You are directed to the Live Optics web portal to upload your file.
- On the Live Optics web portal, select Browse for Dossier File. Choose your file and select Executive Report or Full Report to receive an overview or detailed version of the report. Enter the optional contact information if required. Click Create Reports to continue.
Your file is uploaded and your report is generated. The report is downloaded to your selected folder in a zip file in PowerPoint and Excel format.