Welcome to the release notes for SC enhancements for Live Optics. To avail of the most recent releases, please ensure that you download the latest version of the Live Optics collector to get the latest updates and enhancements. We encourage you to follow this page to receive email notifications when this document is updated.
- Initial Release
- The output is viewed in the Online Viewer
Online Viewer includes:
- Model, Drives, Storage Controllers, Performance and Front-End Ports
- Provides capacity information:
- Over Subscribed
- Data Reduction Ratio
- Provides performance charts for:
- Front-End IOPS
- Front-End Throughput
- Front-End IO Size
- Front-End Latency
- Per Volume Workload Concentration
See it on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBhqZww3dnw
- Please make sure you are entering the Dell Storage Manager (DSM) Data Collector credentials in the login page, which will then provide a list of the SC arrays connected to the DSM.
- Important: Live Optics can only connect to a Dell Storage Manager Data Collector, not the SC Series array directly.
- For More info on DSM, visit https://support.liveoptics.com/hc/en-us/articles/1260800744330
- The assessment will provide on-premise collection of SC Series array data using the DSM REST API.
- Collector will gather the last 7 days of historical performance.
- KB article that explains how to perform an SC collection in Live Optics: https://support.liveoptics.com/hc/en-us/articles/360058256534
The current known issues for SC are;
- API support of 4.0 and higher
DSM Version REST API Version
The current known limitations of SC are;
- SC must be managed by a supported version of the DSM Data Collector
- There is currently no export to PPT or Excel
- Supports only one array at a time. Even if the DSM Data Collector is managing multiple SCs